Topics

moderated sticky WBO List Tips & Techniques

Rick E

Peter posted somewhere else that "Signatures" are a great feature for a list like ours.  They can be used to indicate your boat name, model designation, location, etc. and are very helpful to others reading your posts. But we haven't seen many members doing it.

Here's how to set it up:
To create a signature: Click on "Subscription" in the left side column, scroll down just a bit to the Signatures block and fill it out, like this:
Click on "Save" at the bottom of the screen to make it official.
But while you're there, you may also want to change some of your Delivery Preferences. You have the option of getting all messages as soon as they are posted, or getting a digest every day containing all the messages from the previous day. Or you can have them saved up until there are 12 messages.

Also, under "Advanced Preferences", you can have it only send the first message of a topic, so you won't get all the follow-on messages. If you like the topic and want to get the follow-ons, you can still select to "follow" it.

There is also an option for following only messages that contain specific hashtags.  That could be very useful in a group like ours.   More about that in another message . . .

--
Rick E., Vega Nomad "Sunshine"
willardboats.org

Rick E

FYI, I have now uploaded the database of Willard Boats to the Databases section of the WBO list: https://willardboatowners.groups.io/g/main/table?id=26530. The data came from Willard originally, but I have been updating it over the years as new information became available. I am especially interested in listing all known previous names for vessels, to aid in searches by former owners, etc.

You can request changes to the data there using the form provided at willardboats.org. Please use that form, rather than cluttering up this list with change requests. Or you can contact any of the moderators here by emailing main+owner@WillardBoatOwners.groups.io. Moderators are the only ones who can modify entries in the database.
--
Rick E., Vega Nomad "Sunshine"
willardboats.org

Gary Mertl

Thanks Rick, that's really neat and a great source of info. Appreciate all your efforts...

Gary
W30 Voyager, Orca
Bellingham, WA