Topics

W40

Dan McNames

I am wondering if the owner of this W40 is a member of the group.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1981/willard-marine-40-trawler-3578834/

I've been tasked with finding a suitable boat for a project.  ( if it all goes well at the end of the project I get to keep the boat, FREE to me ).  Or does any one here have any knowledge of this one.  We are not interested in the fanciest set up boat, it will be for a research project ( recovery project ) so Spartan is better for the time.  Thrusters are not big with me unless one is maneuvering about some crowded marina.  Just something to foul up and keep clean.

I like the Perkins, Old Reliable.  But this one is higher time usage.

I THINK this 40 is the last one that came out of the Willard Custom Division while my Dad was there.  Brain fog here.

Dan McN

Gary Mertl

From the photos, it looks like it's in excellent condition. Not much of a project but a good looking boat.

Gary
W30 Voyager, Orca
Bellingham, WA

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 09:07:48 PM PST, Dan McNames <cushmangroup@...> wrote:

I am wondering if the owner of this W40 is a member of the group.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1981/willard-marine-40-trawler-3578834/

I've been tasked with finding a suitable boat for a project.  ( if it all goes well at the end of the project I get to keep the boat, FREE to me ).  Or does any one here have any knowledge of this one.  We are not interested in the fanciest set up boat, it will be for a research project ( recovery project ) so Spartan is better for the time.  Thrusters are not big with me unless one is maneuvering about some crowded marina.  Just something to foul up and keep clean.

I like the Perkins, Old Reliable.  But this one is higher time usage.

I THINK this 40 is the last one that came out of the Willard Custom Division while my Dad was there.  Brain fog here.

Dan McN

Meg Goncalves

Edited

the Daytona  Willard is under contract to survey mid December.
My husbands Willard 30 is currently for sale but the 40 is pending
Happy Thanksgiving to all !
Meg

On Nov 27, 2019, at 12:07 AM, Dan McNames <cushmangroup@...> wrote:

[...]

Sorry for the reply errors. I hit “send“ prematurely. Will try to fix....

Meg

On Nov 27, 2019, at 1:50 PM, Meg Goncalves via Groups.Io <megsboats@...> wrote:

the Daytkna Willard is under contract to survey mid December.
[...]

Rick E

Which one is your husband's Willard 30?  This is where it is helpful to establish a signature, so your postings automatically let people know which boat is yours.
--
Rick Etsell, Vega Nomad "Sunshine"
willardboats.org

Dan McNames

Thanks,  I had reached out to Joe Egeberg but not heard back.  Keep looking now.  A W30 is too small, would have to be minimum a W36 or W40.  This is for a salvage project inter island in the Philippines.  The water is shallow in a lot of places and gets very rough.  A W30 would go down or get tossed like a cork.  My local built is a double outrigger which is most common there for stability.  If it sinks no loss, I only paid 12,000usd for it.  It has a name over there my guys call it, but won't put in this forum.  I'm trying to work this out to my favor with the project people.

Tnks
Dan McN

Meg Goncalves

The secretary confirmed she was under contract. I will speak with Joe on Friday to keep updates. I believe the survey is scheduled for Dec 12
Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Meg

On Nov 27, 2019, at 4:56 PM, Dan McNames <cushmangroup@...> wrote:

Thanks,  I had reached out to Joe Egeberg but not heard back.  Keep looking now.  A W30 is too small, would have to be minimum a W36 or W40.  This is for a salvage project inter island in the Philippines.  The water is shallow in a lot of places and gets very rough.  A W30 would go down or get tossed like a cork.  My local built is a double outrigger which is most common there for stability.  If it sinks no loss, I only paid 12,000usd for it.  It has a name over there my guys call it, but won't put in this forum.  I'm trying to work this out to my favor with the project people.

Tnks
Dan McN

Bill

How about Sea Horse, the W40 motorsailer. Sounds like she qualifies as a “recovery”, not a rescue! Bill
--
W36S #34

Dan McNames

I think Sea Horse is more of a salvage project than a recovery one.  At one point I seriously thought of a rescue but I am 67 now and if I started now I would be near 70 before it went into the water.  At this point I am in the conserving my time not money mode.

Yes the broker on the a fore mentioned W40 would never return a call or email for some time.  These rich British whom have been pursuing me to help them, I told them this W40 was available for 150,000usd plus they would have to pay the on deck shipping to get it to the Philippines plus 20,000 more for electronics.  And, they agreed to pay and let me have it after the 18 months.  But the broker would never respond.  I left it up to the Brits to source a boat and guess what the twits offered up out of Hong Kong ! !

https://www.boatsandyachts.com.hk/boat-sales/sailing-boats/52ft-classic-sailing-yacht

It's only 110,000 and already in the area.  How am I supposed to handle this thing?  It takes 3 people to handle this in bad weather.

Oh well.  I get paid 1,000 a week plus all expenses to babysit them for 18 months and a free boat at the end.

Dan McN.

Richard A. Miller

Looks great!
But that is a lot of boat to look after!
Richard M

On Dec 2, 2019, at 2:07 PM, Dan McNames <@CushmanGroup> wrote:

weather.

Gary Mertl

That sounds like a very strange deal. Good luck!

Gary
W30 Voyager, Orca
Bellingham, WA