Topics

Solid railing Was: CAP RAIL CAULKING ON MY WILLARD 8 TON CUTTER

Sven

Hi Peter,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 10:46 AM, Peter P wrote:
Nice upgrade Sven. Question - you left the railing open at the bow. Thoughts?

The welder suggested the open bow and I really like the look.  The open bow also gives a lot better access to the anchor and makes it a lot easier to get the chain hook off and on.  The only drawback is that you don't feel quite as secure when standing up there in rolly seas.  We might ask the welder to put an eyelet on either side for a gate made out of rope but probably not.

-Sven