Topics

Glassed Caprails

Peter P

I saw Svens comments on his hull/deck leak. I had some rot on a section of my caprail though had zero leak. The hull/deck joint looked pretty solid and enclosed beneath. Caprail was more or less decorative.

I decided to have my caprails fiberglas encapsulated, faired, and LPU'd. Originally I thought only the caprail would be done, but they actually wrapped the glass down about 8-12 inches into the hull so not sure it's practical unless the boat is being painted. But maybe

Very excited to have all brightwork gone