Topics

fuel tank

Brian Arndt

does somebody know......

do the original iron tanks on the 30’ hull have any
baffling ????

thanks

Rick E

Hi Brian - Mine do not have baffles. I had them professionally cleaned, and they were able to get wands down the fill pipe to scour all 4 sides by rotating them.
--
Rick E., Vega Nomad "Sunshine"
willardboats.org

Richard A. Miller

I believe not, but that’s not airtight for the entire production.
I believe they were 100 gal upright tanks and essentially comprised a single cell of what would have been baffled in a larger tank.  But it has been many years since I replaced mine.

Richard Miller, 1974 W30 Voyager Seagull (nee Loon nee Doxie) from 1998 to 2008.

On May 12, 2020, at 3:50 PM, Brian Arndt via groups.io <arndtlimited@...> wrote:

does somebody know......

do the original iron tanks on the 30’ hull have any
baffling ????

thanks

Pease, Dan

In my 74 Vega horizon 30 the tanks were on either side of the engine, 50 gallons each and did have baffles.  They were horizontal and built in.

I had to cut out the main engine hatch as the lip was lower than the top of the tank.

Dan

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 4:50 PM Brian Arndt via groups.io <arndtlimited=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
does somebody know......

do the original iron tanks on the 30’ hull have any
baffling ????

thanks

Robert Green

Brian,  I replaced the tanks in Hank, my 30 ft. Searcher as they had rusted through in the bottom corners.  The originals were not baffled.  On the
Searcher the engine has to come out from below the pilot house, and the tanks are under the sides of the pilot house. It's a fair chore to access them.  In view of all that I had to do to access them, and the unusual shape that conforms to the expanding line of the hull,  I opted to go back with new aluminum tanks.

Bob Green, 30 Searcher Hank.

On May 12, 2020 at 1:50 PM "Brian Arndt via groups.io" <arndtlimited@...> wrote:

does somebody know......

do the original iron tanks on the 30’ hull have any
baffling ????

thanks

Brian Arndt

thanks everybody
i will be more specific seeing there is numerous possibilities.
cora is a 1974 voyager with original iron tanks in good shape
i’m prepping to instal access ports on the top
of each tank
hoping to find out if these original tanks on this model have any baffles.
a definitive, “no they don’t “ would be great news.
-fingers 🤞 crossed-

Richard A. Miller

Two 50 gal tanks, 100 total,  is correct