Topics

Fish retrieval WAS: Magma flopper-stopper

Sven

Richard,

If you could describe or draw what you rigged I'd be very interested.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 02:12 PM, richarddalaska wrote:
As mentioned by Sven, some people attach retrieval line to paravanes. However at 6.5knots the drag on even a 3/16" line is substantial and causes the "fish" to position themselves even further aft than normal.

I rigged a retrieval system for the paravanes that eliminates almost all muscle effort to get them out of the water and into their "holsters" on the stern. I did this only after I got a hernia when lifting them out of the water during the first year of use. Once I stop the boat it takes abut 3-4 minutes to retrieve the pair. I would try to describe the system but it would sound so much more complicated than it really is that no one would think to do it.

-Sven

richarddalaska

Sven,

It is easier for me to describe the system verbally rather than by text. Call me.
510525 0279--
Richard P

Willard 40 -Lilliana-Sea of Cortez, Mexico
Willard 30- Puffin- SE Alaska
Tiffany Jayne 34-sailboat- Dancer- SF Bay