Topics

Articulating Rudder Source

Richard A. Miller

I asked my friend Michael Zimmers and he provided the following info:Richard,

The Candor’s articulating rudder was installed by Pacific Fiberglass (there was some fiberglass modification required) located at Canal Boatyard in Seattle. There is also a yard in Anacortes, WA that has some experience installing them.

Bayview Engineering Industries (BEI) made the rudder. They are still in business, but the current website has been removed for a while, but may be put back online (the old website that sometimes can be found has expired phone numbers). This was done to limit the amount of work, as only one rudder can be built at a time and it is now a one-man operation as the son has moved to California. They make 3 levels of steel rudders, Mild Plate Steel, 306 Stainless Steel and 316L Stainless Steel, My rudder is 316L SS. Their phone numbers are 360-630-4608 or 360-920-9459 and email is RonV@... .

Best Regards,

Michael

Gary Mertl

Thank you very much, Richard (and Michael, of course). Just what I was looking for, much appreciated.

Gary
W30 Voyager, Orca
Bellingham, WA

--