New Member Looking for a Boat


Jospeh King <joeking8155@...>
 

I am new to the group and, except for my trusty old kayak, am currently boat-less. 
I have previously owned a 2005 Camano Troll 31 Sunnyside 
Camano - Sunnyside.jpg
and a 2014 Marinaut 215 Avolator,
Cayo Costa FL.JPG
and enjoyed cruising the East and Gulf Coasts; the Tennessee, Ohio and St. John's Rivers; as well as many of the lakes in the Carolinas and Georgia. 
I'm interested in finding a Willard Voyager or PH30 for sale for further adventures. If anyone has or knows of one that is available, I certainly would appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks!
Joe King

--
Joseph J. King, Charlotte, NC. My previous boats include 2005 Camano Troll 31 and 2014 Marinaut 215


Gary Mertl
 

Welcome to the group and good luck on your search for a Willard.

Gary
W30 Voyager, Orca
Bellingham, WA


On Monday, July 19, 2021, 05:00:34 AM PDT, Jospeh King <joeking8155@...> wrote:


I am new to the group and, except for my trusty old kayak, am currently boat-less. 
I have previously owned a 2005 Camano Troll 31 Sunnyside 
Camano - Sunnyside.jpg
and a 2014 Marinaut 215 Avolator,
Cayo Costa FL.JPG
and enjoyed cruising the East and Gulf Coasts; the Tennessee, Ohio and St. John's Rivers; as well as many of the lakes in the Carolinas and Georgia. 
I'm interested in finding a Willard Voyager or PH30 for sale for further adventures. If anyone has or knows of one that is available, I certainly would appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks!
Joe King

--
Joseph J. King, Charlotte, NC. My previous boats include 2005 Camano Troll 31 and 2014 Marinaut 215

--
Gary
W30 Voyager, ORCA
Bellingham, WA


Joseph King <joeking8155@...>
 

Thanks, Gary.
Orca is a beautiful boat. Hope I can find one as nice, or one that I can make as nice.
How is she to single-hand?
--
Joseph J. King, Charlotte, NC


Brian Arndt
 

welcome joe (:

good to hear a fellow kayaker looking for a voyager. they make a great mother ship for your kayak adventures. 
attached is a pic of cora with a wave walker on board. 

good searching 




Brian Arndt  ALRG
RSFMC
ATP CFI CGI A&P
PIC EMB 500
RYT200 CMI





On Jul 19, 2021, at 7:49 AM, Joseph King <joeking8155@...> wrote:

Thanks, Gary.
Orca is a beautiful boat. Hope I can find one as nice, or one that I can make as nice.
How is she to single-hand?
--
Joseph J. King, Charlotte, NC


Joseph King <joeking8155@...>
 

Great set-up, Brian!


On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 11:01 AM Brian Arndt via groups.io <arndtlimited=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
welcome joe (:

good to hear a fellow kayaker looking for a voyager. they make a great mother ship for your kayak adventures. 
attached is a pic of cora with a wave walker on board. 

good searching 




Brian Arndt  ALRG
RSFMC
ATP CFI CGI A&P
PIC EMB 500
RYT200 CMI





On Jul 19, 2021, at 7:49 AM, Joseph King <joeking8155@...> wrote:

Thanks, Gary.
Orca is a beautiful boat. Hope I can find one as nice, or one that I can make as nice.
How is she to single-hand?
--
Joseph J. King, Charlotte, NC


--
Joseph J. King, Charlotte, NC


Pease, Dan
 

I have a Vega horizon 30 for sale. Motorsailor version. Very good condition. Beta 38 engine, new aluminum tanks. New paint job.
Maine

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021, 08:00 Jospeh King <joeking8155@...> wrote:
I am new to the group and, except for my trusty old kayak, am currently boat-less. 
I have previously owned a 2005 Camano Troll 31 Sunnyside 
Camano - Sunnyside.jpg
and a 2014 Marinaut 215 Avolator,
Cayo Costa FL.JPG
and enjoyed cruising the East and Gulf Coasts; the Tennessee, Ohio and St. John's Rivers; as well as many of the lakes in the Carolinas and Georgia. 
I'm interested in finding a Willard Voyager or PH30 for sale for further adventures. If anyone has or knows of one that is available, I certainly would appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks!
Joe King

--
Joseph J. King, Charlotte, NC. My previous boats include 2005 Camano Troll 31 and 2014 Marinaut 215


 

Joseph - if you are really focused on a Voyager, and are up for a project, there’s one in Antioch California sitting in a boatyard. I posted some photos a couple of weeks ago.
--
Vega 30 Voyager “Black Pearl”


Gary Mertl
 

I have no problem single handing Orca, which is what I almost always do. My wife does not like boats or boating. Orca has a bow thruster which comes in handy but even without, it's not hard to maneuver. Cheers.

Gary
W30 Voyager, Orca
Bellingham, WA


On Monday, July 19, 2021, 07:49:48 AM PDT, Joseph King <joeking8155@...> wrote:


Thanks, Gary.
Orca is a beautiful boat. Hope I can find one as nice, or one that I can make as nice.
How is she to single-hand?
--
Joseph J. King, Charlotte, NC

--
Gary
W30 Voyager, ORCA
Bellingham, WA


Henry Turner
 

I two have no problem single handing my Vega Horizon.  The W30s are just great boats for a single or a couple.

Henry
--
1974 W30 Vega Horizon :Audrey’s Bell”, Corpus Christi, TX