12 x Willards NOT for sale

raynorshine

  I have attempted to access these boats through the links on your site.  The links no longer work.  I have also searched for them within the region they were listed in and on the sites their listings appeared in and they were not to be found.

1977 W40 FBS - Last ad on Yatchworld disappeared in the spring of 2022
1999 W40 FBS - Adria, Doxy - no longer appears on the Denison brokerage site
1965 Vega 36 Std BACO, Craigslist ad dead.  The boat is not to be found in the BVI or NC

1963 Vega 36 Std SAGA, Tangueray no longer listed on Boatworld or found in the geo region for sale on other sites
1974 Vega 30 Searcher, Happy Pappy. Poaky - FL - No longer shows for sale on his Facebook page or for sale on site within the region
1974 Vega 30 Nomad last for sale by Eric Henning - no longer an ad associated with his Facebook page
Vega 30 Nomad, Kalena, no longer on Craigslist or for sale in the Lower Mainland of BC
Vega 30 Searcher, Dolphin last listed in Sidney BC on Facebook no longer appears there or on sites in the area.  I believe it was sold in September 2022
Vega 30 Nomad, PTARMIGAN, no longer links to Carigslist in Tacoma or shows up in the regio
1975 Vega 30 Horizon Hull 106 - The owner vernaj@... responded to me saying the boat was sold a long time ago
1974 Vega 30 Horizon, Willie Dawes, ME, No longer appears for sale on any site in Maine that I can see.  There is no link to a sale within the ad either.

1974 Vega 30 Searcher, LOKI, Hull 40, WA - The contact number has been disconnected and there is no Searcher that appear to be this on for sale in the area.

You might want to create a SOLD section and transfer these boats to that as they may make a good point of reference for people trying to trace histories of particular vessels

.

Thanks for maintaining this site.
Bruce Raynor

Victor Marshall, Vega36 BACO

I purchased Baco:) not sure how to update it however…

--

Dave Armitage & Linda Giguere

The Willard Searcher 30’ (Dolphin) was taken off of FB Marketplace in Sept. 2022. It’s however still available for purchase.

Thanks!

On Oct 16, 2022, at 14:02, Victor <victorkmarshall@...> wrote:

[...]

Pease, Dan

Willie Dawes is sold, and New owner sailed it from Maine to DOMINICA! this spring/early summer.
New Name "Nautical Disaster", not a reference to the boat.

Dan Pease

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022, 15:41 raynorshine <raynorshines@...> wrote:
[...]

Rick E

Hi Bruce -- Thanks for the updates. I have made the changes to the classifieds listings now.  See willardboats.org/classifieds

To clarify and improve the classifieds:
--
Rick E., Moderator
willardboats.org

Bill

Thank you Rick! We really appreciate your support of our group! Bill
--
W36S #34 The Grey Goose

raynorshine

Good to see things updated and people actively participating.
I did find another 30' Willard Vega in San Francisco via CraigsList,  The owner is a boat recycler .  He said the fundamentals were probably good, but the engine had been turned over, but not been run and the shaft was out until it was relaunched when he would reinstall it with fresh packing. The mast and stay sail are with the boat, but not shown in any of his pics, nor is much of the interior or amy of the mechanical or deck..  He had no hull number or other particulars, though he does have the California title for it.  On the upside, the owner Steve is an interesting character who seems to know his way round boats and has the ability to transport the Willard to a new owner within a reasonable distance.  Firm asking price $10500 (cash) https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/7543750637.html
As I am not the owner and the detail I have is not anything but what Steve tolt me, I will not formally post this as an ad.   I suppose that is not a criteria here, so if it gets listed, so be it.
Bruce
Craigs List California Willard.jpg
59d3cdd1-6ed8-4985-b611-e424ae2ee277.jpg
1cc39305-c9c4-48c2-90e4-002c0763cb5f.jpg
Craigs List California Willard 7.jpg