Meeting Willards #photo-notice

Gary Knight, Adria

Meeting Willards:
Last year (November 2021) my wife and I purchased Adria, a 2000 Willard 40, in Sturgeon Bay, WI. Our home port destination was East Greenwich, Rhode Island. That entailed making the passage from Wisconsin to Mackinaw City, Michigan, to the Upper Peninsula into the Canadian North Channel, Georgian Bay, Trent-Severn Waterway (44 Locks), across Lake Ontario, Oswego River, NY ( 8 Locks), Eastern Erie Canal (22 Locks Hudson River (1 Lock), East River of NYC, Long Island Sound to East Greenwich Rhode Island. That took  211.4 engine hours and about 485 gallons of diesel.

Along the way, we meet two other Willard 40s.

“Compass Rose” with Captain Ulrich LaFosse
“Blue Moon” with Captain Jim Doyle & Donna Gambino
Starting early October Adria is making her way South to Lady’s Island, SC.

Regards,

Gary Knight

mv / Adria

--