FOR SALE: 30 foot Fales/Willard Vega. #photo-notice

Robert F Neefus

Just returned from a 3 month summer cruise from Puget Sound to Glacier Bay and back. “Patience” is fueled up and ready to go again tomorrow. Re-engined with a Beta 50, she runs at 5.4 knots at 1600 rpm/.63 gallons per hour. There are just over 1000 hours on the engine. This is a Fales Willard Vega,(Down cabin.) built at the Tilotson/Pearson yard in Rhode Island, hull #4 (I think may be the last actual Willard hull before Fales cut the mold to make a slightly larger boat.(See the Fales brochure photos.) Previous owner replaced the fuel tanks with new steel tanks,  bottom feeding to dual Racors.Separate cross feed system w/ a Racor to polish. Engine coolant cabin heater and a solid fuel Dickinson heater. Cement ballast shows no sign of problems.  Interior original paneling was replaced due to dry rot in the plywood (Boat was in Savannah, Georgia for it’s early life.) House sides redone with cedar tong and groove longitudinally and cedar closet liner vertically on the bulkheads. Salon deck planked with redwood. Fixed two burner propane stove w/oven. 3 fiberglass propane bottles.   There is a steadying sale and a tiny jib, if you dare. Lewmar anchor windlass, 200 feet 5/16 HT chain and a Mantus anchor with a Mantus swivel (Love the anchor! Works every time.). Simrad 7” MFD, 4G radar, auto pilot, AIS, Standard/Horizon VHF in the pilot house and another up,in the flying bridge. I will list it soon with a broker in Gig Harbor. She rests in Sinclair Inlet Marina, across from Bremerton Navy Yard. A 16 foot Little River Marine “Heritage” w/ sliding seat rowing system goes with her or pay $6000 less without it. Going to ask $52,500 for whole package. I have owned Patience 12 years, did the interior refit and engine install. Brought her up from San Francisco Bay without drama. Did the first COVID summer cruising entire Puget Sound. She’ll take far more punishment than I can bear. Tell your Willard fans who want a 30.

--
Capt Bob on “Patience”, a 30-foot Fales.