Prop size for W40 (wish I knew)

Peter P

Dick - I broke-out the thread so your question on prop size would pop-out.

Frankly, most manufacturers were not good about proper sizing of props, and I doubt Willard was much different, especially since the boats are considerably heavier than spec'd. I'd chat with a good prop-shop, maybe the folks at Michigan Wheel and get their feedback. I can't find my old Survey right now but my boat is on the hard so I'll look to see what size prop she has. The Beta 85hp is roughly similar to my Perkins 4.236; and the W46 is a bit heavier of course.

What size is your shaft?