Re: W30 Voyager "Moonlight" for sale

Sean Eamon Kennedy

Dropped the price a little to $45k.

I’ve moved her back to South Park Marina and will haul out sometime in the next few weeks. (Space there on the hard is difficult to come by since the fire.)

Rick, can you add her to the boats for sale on willardboats? Thanks.

-Sean

On Nov 6, 2021, at 1:24 PM, Sean Eamon Kennedy via groups.io <Seamonk@...> wrote:

I’ve always thought the saddest boat adverts are the ones that begin “a change of life plans force us to sell our beloved boat”. It always makes me think some tragedy has struck the unlucky owners.

Anyway, a change of life plans force us to sell our beloved Moonlight, a 1974 W30 Voyager. But it’s nothing sad! We’ve finally decided the time is right to give living abroad a try. With any luck we’ll be heading off to Ireland this spring.

I’ve contemplated putting Moonlight in storage or even shipping her to Ireland. But realistically it makes a lot more sense to pass her on to the next loving owner while we look for a new boat that's already on the other side of the pond.

If you aren’t familiar, we’ve been doing major renovations on Moonlight since the time we bought her. There are photos and email threads you can search on the groups.io website if interested.

We’re actually selling off pretty much everything we own and starting anew in Ireland. That means my woodshop and all the tools have to go too. For the asking price I’ll include any tools or materials you need or want. Of course I’ll also start selling them off on the side, so if your interested as part of the boat deal let me know asap. (The “shop” is a rented container at South Park Marina in Seattle. You’d be able to take it over as well if you want.)

I’m asking $49K at this point. If anyone thinks that’s too high or too low, let me know. Includes inflatable and 6hp 4 stroke outboard. (and tools!) All the hard reno is done, but there’s still a lot of interior tidying up to do. (“Tidying” may be a bit of an understatement.)

I’m not in a big rush to sell and will keep working on her until spring. I’ll put up a craigslist add soon, but won't list with a broker for a month or so.

We’re hauling out at Des Moines Marina end of next week to refresh the bottom paint & zincs. Could be a good time for an inspection. We'll be out for about a week. Currently under covered moorage in Des Moines

Let me now if you have any questions.
206-605-2218

What we’ve done (“new” i.e. since 2016):
de-blistered the bottom
Awlgripped the topsides
Replaced everything in the engine compartment
engine (Beta 38, <300 hrs)
new shaft, intermediate bearing, dripless, cutless & prop
all new diesel plumbing, including dual filter
new exhaust system
fuel transfer/polish system
tanks epoxy sealed, inspection ports, electronic gauges
new hot water tank
new plumbing/manifold for fresh water system
ALL! electrical has been replaced throughout with Ancor tinned yacht cable
New Blue Sea major components (fuses, buses, battery charger, SI-ACR charge relay etc.)
New DSC VHF / AIS receiver
(depth sounder and auto-pilot are old)
batteries (Optima AGMs; 4x55ah yellow-top house, 1red-top starter)
New overhead cabinet at steering station
New mast
New running, anchor & deck wash lights, new VHF antenna
New cockpit door (full length polycarb window)
Loose concrete ballast chipped away and epoxy sealed
New steering system
New traditional wooden wheel
New dash unit with remote control
New drive cable
New windows in salon
Forecabin portlights re-gasketed and re-sealed
Decks refreshed with non-skip paint & new guard rails up top
New galley counter
New Lewmar windless on new bow plank
Head gutted and new holding tank (30gal) and new toilet installed
Starboard salon has new large platform settee (35” at head, 6’10” long)
And a bunch of stuff I’m not remembering

What still needs to be done:
Stove and propane system needs to be installed
have a force 10 unit and one propane tank, old solenoid
Currently using a sea swing stove for cooking
Need a heater
Auto-pilot stopped working (?!)
E-meter needs to be wired
Salon walls need to be trimmed out (bare plywood now)
Headliners for pilot house and salon
Build out head (it works, but there nothing but the toilet and plumbing now)
Cockpit bench needs renovation & remounting
Various bits of cabinetry to polish things off.

--
Sean Eamon Kennedy
Vega Voyager “Moonlight”

--