Re: W30 Voyager Airdraft

Sean Eamon Kennedy

You should do a search for “mast” on the groups.io site. There have been several discussions. I wouldn’t bother with the box section. You won’t save any real weight and you’ll add complication.

Here’s what I’ve got on Moonlight:

Scantlings are 3.5” wide x 3” deep at the base tapering to 2.5” x 2.5” at the crans, with 2” diam to the truck (tip top)

Height from the base (on the fore cabin top) to the hinge (a couple of feet above the pilothouse) is 58.25”. From the hinge to the crans is another 118” with another 12” to the top.

On Jul 26, 2021, at 6:14 AM, Jim Jones <jf.jones@...> wrote:

A further update on Black Pearl’s location - still in Antioch: :(  Last week’s trucker realized before he got to the boatyard that his trailer was unsuitable for this ‘sailboat’ hull. Still waiting on UShip to schedule pickup. It’s been 3 weeks…

a question - does anybody have the dimensions on the wooden mast and boom on the Voyager? Should have measured when I was on location. I will build a new box section mast/boom from mahogany or Doug fir. Would like to get started while waiting for the boat.

--
Vega 30 Voyager “Black Pearl”

--
Sean Eamon Kennedy