Re: W30 Voyager Airdraft

Sean Eamon Kennedy

Good new.

Let us know when you get here. Maybe we can have a mini-meet-up to welcome Black Pearl to the Salish Sea.

On Jul 9, 2021, at 12:13 PM, Jim Jones <jf.jones@...> wrote:

An update on Black Pearl. I travelled to Pittsburg Ca to take possession of the boat on June 24. I’m pleased with the purchase (and gamble I suppose - I paid for her as is and based on photos a friend of mine took, before I ever saw her) She’s in better condition than I expected.

She’s been upgraded with an early 90’s Perkins (Prima M50 direct injection), diamond Seaglaze windows, bronze port lights (was this a factory option?), new upholstery and cushions, fresh varnish and recent paint on the superstructure. Almost new Force 10 gimballed stove and microwave set up, as well as a Xantrax inverter and modern charger.

The bad - starter issues due to water lying in the bilge. 40 year old untidy wiring and panels that need renewal. Battery wiring however is recent and proper. Got to figure out how to get the Adler Barber Cold Machine working in the top load fridge. Wasted zincs (corroded seacocks cleaned up well). A small vertical fracture in the keel aft port side. Don’t know if it was a manufacturing defect or the result of swelling concrete. Either way, it’s had a proper epoxy and glass repair at Bridgehead Marine in Antioch.

I put about 8 hours on her in the San Joaquin River. Runs great.

To my original Airdraft question - she’s about 12’6” keel to top of stack. Stack removed she’s under 11’

she’s now waiting for pickup on Antioch for transport to Olympia. I’ll motor on her own bottom up to Vancouver Island.

BTW - it’s not often you see two Voyagers side by side in a boat yard
--
Vega 30 Voyager “Black Pearl”

<D845D6CE-9EAE-453C-9CEA-FF27446376BF.jpeg>

--
Sean Eamon Kennedy
Vega Voyager “Moonlight”