Vega Voyager fuel tank specs

Sean Eamon Kennedy

I had my old fuel tanks epoxy coated several years ago. The original spec tags were still attached but needed to come off to apply epoxy to the tops. I just ran across the tags again and thought you all might find them interesting, so I’ve attached pics for your viewing pleasure.

Several things to note:
  • They are labelled for a Nomad, but Moonlight is a Voyager
  • It’s hard to make out the manufacture date on the second tag, but it’s clearly April where the other one is from February. I’m guessing Willard had stacks of tanks lying around and grabbed them off a shelf as needed.
  • Capacity is listed as 59 gallons rather than the 50 that’s usually quoted. That’s a major difference - almost 20%. I’ll be calibrating the tanks to my system monitor sometime in the next month or two, so I’ll let you know what I find out
  • Material is 12 gauge mild steel. They were listed as iron tanks in recent surveys
Ah, I love boat archeology.

--
Sean Eamon Kennedy
Vega Voyager “Moonlight”