Re: W36 sedan - prop shaft dimensions?

Richard A. Miller

My thoughts;

1.  No matter what information you may obtain from others, you can only rely on actual measurements taken from your own boat because there is no telling what variations have been introduced into any individual boat over the years (as you know), of even at the time of the original build.

2.  Attempt to figure out what has caused the scoring.  I replaced a prop shaft due to scoring but it took years for me to understand what had caused the condition and to fully correct it.

Good luck, as you like to say!

Richard Miller
W40 Adria, formerly W30 Voyager Seagull

On Mar 10, 2020, at 6:54 PM, Peter P via Groups.Io <pete_pisc@...> wrote:

I have some scoring on my prop shaft. Thinking of replacing it while it's on the hard. Anyone aworh a W36 replaced their shaft? Wondering dimensions - I seem to recall it's 1-3/8" but might be 1-1/2". Also, not sure if the length. Thoughts?

Thanks