Re: Mast wiring on a Willard 40 FBS (1988)

Richard A. Miller

Look carefully to see if either or both athwartship teak boards have screw fasteners that can be removed without damaging the fabric headliner.
Richard M

On Feb 28, 2020, at 8:11 PM, Ulrich La Fosse via Groups.Io <ulrichfa@...> wrote:

In the headliner on my boat there are no fore and aft teak boards.  All such boards are athwart ship — and there are two (one forward and one aft of the support post).

That’s why I asked — since I don’t wish to remove any more headliner that necessary.

Ulrich

On Feb 28, 2020, at 8:58 PM, Ron Rogers <rcrogers6@...> wrote:

In the overhead, just forward of the support column (on the galley counter under the mast) is a teak board running from the top of the support to the windshield. If you unscrew it you will find a teak trough holding all the wires. On my FBS, I don't think there is enough slack to permit my aluminum mast to be lowered. My concern focuses on the radar cable.

Ron Rogers
40' FBS

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 8:05 PM Ulrich La Fosse via Groups.Io <ulrichfa=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I need to update and/or replace wiring to the mast on my boat.

Does anyone know where to access the wires from below the flybridge?

Ulrich LaFosse
1988 Willard 40 FBS
 Compass Rose

--