Re: Mast wiring on a Willard 40 FBS (1988)

richarddalaska

On Lilliana the mast wiring is almost exactly as Ron described. At the base of the mast is an inverted J that leads the wires through the roof and into the aft end of a teak tube. They then go forward into a soffit at the forward end  of the saloon.

i recently installed a new furuno radar that only requires a power cable going up the mast. The radar image is sent by WiFi to an iPad.

In hindsight I would not have purchased this WiFi radar. I would instead use a conventional radar cable and run it on the outside of the mast.

for my more detailed comments see my posts on the trawler archive site.

--
Richard P
Willard 40 -Lilliana-Sea of Cortez, Mexico