Re: fuel tank thickness

Pease, Dan

Ana,

Cutting out and replacing the sole was a minor job compared to the rest.  I like to call it a “job well dreaded”.

In your case your teak and holly will hide the seam.  In my case I have a heavy rubber mat, which helps knock down some sound.

Best,

Dan

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM Ana <ana.movingplanets@...> wrote:

Thank you all for very helpful comments, explanations and pictures. I love this boat as a snail cannot help but love its house, so I will be doing it one way or another, just trying to figure out what the best way would be. Up to now, I have read about more people cutting the tanks out in pieces than any other way, but I quite like what Dan did and I have the varnished sole off anyway. I'd think I can put it back in place once it's all said and done. In any case, it pales into insignificance when compared to a leaky fuel tank!
Thanks again everybody!

 Capt. Ana on MSV Nuala May, Denny Island BC

https://willardboats.org/boats/nuala-may