Re: Flybridge removal on a Willard 40

richarddalaska

I believe the boat you are referring to is called the Marie C. It has been moored  in the harbor of Kake, AK, for the past several years. It looks abandoned but the harbor master told me the owner still pays the moorage and occasionally visits the boat. At Alaska labor rates this boat could not be restored. I have a few photos of it on my phone from last summer.  It would be great project boat if it could be moved to warmer climes. I have not heard that it was for sale but it does not seem to be worked on. However, Kake moorage is extremely cheap so it costs little to store it..

AML the barge line, stops in Kake and they have an enormous fork lift for containers that could probably lift that boat onto a cradle.
--
Richard P
Willard 40 -Lilliana-Sea of Cortez, Mexico